Miami-Dade County's Water and Sewer Department (WASD) delivers safe, potable drinking water to nearly 2.3 million people every day – more than the total population of 15 states. As the largest water and sewer utility in the Southeastern United States, the department is undertaking the largest Capital Improvement Program (CIP) in Miami-Dade County history, which will have far reaching benefits to the community in terms of health, environmental, as well as economic.
During the next two decades, the County will invest approximately $13.5 billion to enhance and upgrade WASD's infrastructure utilizing state-of-the-art technology. It will be an economic engine that creates 16,470 new jobs over the next 10 years, increases service capacity that will support more businesses to open in the community, improves the reliability and sustainability of the water and sewer system, as well as generating $24.9 billion in economic output.
The Water & Sewer Department is seeking an innovative and highly technical Chief for the Water & Sewer Planning Division who will be responsible for updating the department's Water & Wastewater Facilities' Master Plans. The Chief will coordinate all activities with various state, regional and local agencies to ensure proper planning of water and wastewater facilities meet demands.
Technical experience and knowledge of the following are critical:
- Experience in hydraulic modeling of water/wastewater systems, understanding of utility operations, and ability to guide the development of planning level reports.
- Experience using performance indicators to measure progress against targeted objectives and industry benchmarks. Familiarity with industry benchmarks for water and wastewater system performance.
- Thorough knowledge of civil/environmental engineering, land use planning, and integration with water and sewer planning.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of water and sewer planning, with experience in developing water and wastewater system master plans.
- Knowledge of asset management, condition assessment, regulatory support, sustainability, utility finance and economics and operations and maintenance optimization.
- Demonstrated capability to research issues and develop innovative alternative solutions to engineering problems; ability to evaluate advantages and disadvantages of various alternatives.
The Chief of the Water & Sewer Planning Division will play an integral role in guiding WASD's multi-billion capital improvement program, and the overall success of the organization. Planning is central WASD's mission and vision, and will establish the foundation for success.
A Bachelor's degree in Engineering. A minimum of four to eight years of experience in water and sewer planning and project management and/or administration is required. Must possess a State of Florida Professional Engineer license.
Miami-Dade County offers excellent benefits including full medical, dental, and vision insurance; life and disability insurance; optional 457 pretax savings plan; optional flexible spending accounts; paid holidays, vacation and sick time; membership in the Florida Retirement System; professional development; and a tuition reimbursement program.
Resumes and other information submitted in response to this advertisement are public records pursuant to Chapter 119 Florida Statutes. Hiring decisions are contingent upon results of a background check and pre-employment physical with alcohol/drug testing.
Applicants must apply online to Job Opening 45074 by June 11, 2017 at www.miamidade.gov/jobs .
Miami-Dade County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer