Join something great!
Collaborative teams. Creative work environment. Life-changing projects.
KLJ, a market-leading engineering, planning and professional services firm, has an immediate opening for a highly motivated and results oriented Engineer to join our Environmental team in our Lake Worth or Fort Myers, FL office.
Our reputation as a great place to work resonates within each community we serve. At KLJ, you will be part of innovative teams that combine creativity with adaptability leaving lasting solutions for future generations.
What began as a small, family firm in 1938 has evolved into a dynamic leader in engineering excellence. We seek creative, smart and ambitious professionals from recent college graduates to experts with more than 40 years experience. As an employee-owned firm, we invest in our futures through innovation and hard work. We develop lasting infrastructure that responds to the social, civic and economic needs of our communities and achieve success by going above and beyond to deliver practical solutions for our clients and become experts in our field.
As an Engineer IV for KLJ you will be responsible for managing KLJ projects in a timely, accurate, and cost effective manner. It is essential for this role that the individual develops leads, networks and establishes client relationships, and provides strategic thinking for future business development pursuits.
- Manage multiple project teams
- Provide direction, review, and support to the group by leading projects; assuring proper practices and techniques
- Confer with project team members and clients to lead, prepare, and participate in project proposals and interviews
- May have supervisory responsibilities for group members and support staff including hiring, promoting, terminations, performance reviews, and training
- A four-year degree in civil or environmental engineering is required
- Florida PE license is required
- Experience level is a minimum of 12+ years
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
- Project management experience is required
- Progressive experience with dewatering system design, dewatering system construction management, or similar design experience
- Previous experience in senior level management
- Experience with South Florida Water Management District and local municipalities in south Florida
- Progressive experience in Water Resources, Utilities, and/or Coastal Infrastructure projects
- Extensive technical experience in the engineering and design of municipal and transportation projects
- Experience in any or all the following areas: piping and conveyance systems, pump and lift stations, treatment facilities, storm drainage conveyance, shoreline stabilization, waterfront development projects and other municipal and industrial water and wastewater projects
- Progressive experience with increasing levels of project and client management responsibility
- Strong leadership with a history of coaching and mentoring staff
- Established network of consultant, agency, and client contacts in south Florida
At KLJ, we have a vested interest in personal, financial and professional health. Our competitive benefits and compensation program helps employees achieve their goals.
M/F/Vet/Disability /Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website at http://www.kljeng.com.